About This Game
The Cold War was not won with diplomacy. It was instead won by many successful international military and espionage operations conducted by the United States and the Soviet Union. From the creators of The Cold War Era, comes the long awaited sequel. Arms Race.
Arms Race - is a single player, real-time strategy game based on the events of the Cold War between the Americans and the Soviets spanning the 1950s through to the 1990s. Within a few hours of gameplay, players will travel through four decades of contention, paranoia, secrecy, and the overarching "us vs. them" mentality. Arms Race is a standalone sequel to The Cold War Era game.
Despite the complex themes encapsulated in Arms Race's two hour-long gameplay, Alina Digital's mission is to "minimize clicks per minute to maximize fun." Here's what makes Arms Race unlike any other war-based online strategy game -
Original game features for The Cold War Era:
- Immerse yourself in a realistic atmosphere that retells the story of the Cold War.
- Choose your side and play as either the Americans or the Soviets to rewrite the Cold War.
- Install military and espionage units to prop up the local Allied government or transform rebels into revolutionaries in Opposing countries.
- Establish spy networks to support government propaganda campaigns or shake loose the Opposition's stronghold.
- Launch rockets, satellites and astronauts or cosmonauts into space to shock and amaze the world and prove that you are what this world needs.
- Devise your own strategies and tactics, forcing your opponent to play by your rules.
- Initiate pro-government parades or incite riots to plunge countries into chaos.
Additional features for Arms Race:
- A brand new world map with animated events on it.
- 3D animated representations of the events currently plaguing the world.
- New re-designed Space Race technology tree.
- Global Consequences (some of them are based on real historical events).
- Military technology tree (with realistic American and Soviet units).
- Geographical identification
Relying on a clean and simple map-based game interface, Arms Race is easy to play for gamers of all age and skill levels. Easy-to-read menus tell players about:
-Players' Influence in each country and worldwide.
-Their Opponent's Influence in Influenced, Neutral and Opposing countries.
-Number of military units stationed in each country.
-Spy network status and propaganda campaign success.
-Players budget, which can be used to enact your regime.
-Space Race Milestone achievements, which help win global Influence.
-Each country's score value, which is used to calculate a player's budget.
-The players total score as game events unfold.
-Political points - spend it wisely because it is limited.
-Firepower for military – truly lead an Arms Race!
This will be an Arms Race to remember.
512 MB RAM MB RAM
1 GB available space