Asteroid Deflector is an Indie Game based on simple physics. The goal is to prevent asteroids from hitting a planet by changing their course with various projectiles (shells, laser beams, atomics...) and to work with the gravity of a planet and a star. Also watch out for economics like money, weapon research, planet population and so on.
It's my first game done in spare time - but with a lot of dedication. Expect some hours of fun and a good laugh at the goofy story. There is also an endless game mode to hunt for high scores. Please don't expect a refined, multimillion blockbuster game. I'm always open to suggestions and improvements.
- Career mode with 12 levels.
- Endless mode.
- 23 technologies for research, including four distinctive weapons and a mighty planetary force field.
- Manage money, infrastructure, population and keep the people motivated.
- Seven (YouTube friendly) spherical songs will help you get in the flow of deflecting asteroids.
- Atmospheric sound effects.
- Special endgame in story mode (maybe there is more to the asteroids...).
- Simple physics-based fun.
- Don't destroy the asteroids (lame), deflect them!
- Asteroids burning up in the star generate money (because... why not?).
- Expensive research will improve your weapons.
- Impacts on the planet will decimate the population and their moral (may result to losing the game).
- After a first learning curve, the gameplay can get quite hypnotic or meditative.
- Unlimited continues in career mode, saves are done after each level.
- It's all about gravity, mass and kinetic energy - but in a fun way!
* Is the game done?
- It is, but expect some early quirks and inconvenient close after the release (March 2018) - that's why the early price is on the lower end. Also I’m planning to add MacOS and Linux release, more features, content and refine it a bit. Wait for touch controls and full controller support e.g.
* So there will be DLC?
- More content, like another campaign, is possible - depending on sales. In that case it will be part of an update of the main game (so free of charge). But I might raise the initial price, which would reward early buyers.
* I will wait until it is on sale or bundled.
- I might put it on sale, but only right after a price increase. So the price can only go up (why would I punish early birds?). And I don't like bundles.
* Is this a mobile port?
- No, but I may port it to mobile (and remove some features in the base version with the "XL" in the name, in case you were wondering).
* A space cannon would never work!!!1
- First of all - it's just a game. And maybe a search for "Project HARP" might suprise you.
1 GB RAM
300 MB available space
2 GB RAM
300 MB available space
|Languages:||English / German|