The first major battle of the Civil War fought in Georgia, from September the 18th-20th 1863. The Battle of Chickamauga was the most significant Union defeat in the western theatre and had the second highest number of casualties of any civil war battle, after the Battle of Gettysburg. The army of the Cumberland under Major General William Rosecrans fought the Confederate Army of Tennessee under General Braxton Bragg.
In early September Rosecrans had forced Bragg's army out of Chattanooga and was following them south. Bragg in an attempt to reoccupy Chattanooga decided to meet a part of Rosecrans army and defeat them, allowing him to move back into the city. On the way north he ran into the Union army.
This game consists of a number of missions, each of which, tackles a key part of the overall battle. The last mission is a refight of the whole battle in a single game. As the total battle was fought over a vast area this last mission is at a different scale the more detailed individual actions.
‘Chickamauga Battles’ consists of;
● 7 mission ‘Tutorial’ campaign, played as the Union.
● 4 mission ‘Opening Shots’ Campaign. Key events from action on 19th September.
● 4 mission ‘Brutal Assault’ Campaign. More key events from action on 19th September.
● 4 mission ‘Slaughterhouse’ Campaign. Key events from action on 20th September.
● 4 mission ‘Climax’ Campaign. More key events from action on 20th September.
● A single mission ‘Chickamauga’ Campaign. A large-scale mission to refight the whole battle.
● With the exception of the tutorial all missions can be played as either side.
Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent
2 GB RAM
OpenGL 2.1 supporting graphics card
1 GB available space