This game is a venture into alternative timeline in which graphics and sensible game design were never invented. Buy this game only if you really want to support weird experiments like this.
Door In The Woods is an open world roguelike inspired by lovecraftian mythos. Explore a world in which every possible extinction scenario became reality - from zombie plague through alien invasion and to awakening of the great old ones.
Player takes role of one of the last survivors who is trying to make sense of the new reality in which even the most basic rules of physics do not always apply. Survival hinges not only on finding enough sustenance or fending off zombies, but more crucially on keeping your mind intact and safe from the horrors. It turns out that suicide is sometimes the better option.
- lack of graphics
- open world
- extremely limited color palette
- day/night cycle
- almost no audio
- questionable design choices
What can you do in this game?
- drink from a puddle and get sick
- graduate from the hollywood's school of using gunpowder to cauterize your wounds
- hide in bushes from zombies
- fight cannibals and ironically eat them afterwards
- commit suicide
- find door in the woods
Windows 3.1 or later
1 MB RAM
at least 16 colors