Why you may be interested in this game project?
For the first time you will be able to create a completely unique people, and guide them from the primitive people around the firecamp to the Bronze Age Civilization. You will have to choose a path of the tribe. And you will be able to see how the first your people not only build more advanced buildings, but also learn about the world, try to find their place in universe, and most importantly - try to understand how they may live with each other.
You can observe the life of the tribe in five main pages:
- The game period covers about 60к years. Evolution does its job: species are mixed, new signs appear. In this section, you will be able to create a civilization of Neanderthals, hybrids of different subspecies, or even form their own people. What color will their skin be? Will they be high or short? Muscular or skinny? How fast will they grow up?
- Scientific and technical progress of the tribe. Here you have to go the way of technological development. The way of food extraction depends on development: will your people be legendary hunters? Brave fishermen? Or will they be best in collecting plants? How will they build houses? How to make tools? Will they process the stone and how will they make the clothes?
- This section talks about how your people think and look at the world. Will they be individualists or collectivists? Will patriarchy, matriarchy or gender equality reign in the tribe? And how will they look for partners: exchanging children with other tribes or taking away the strong by right?
- First community is a small family group of 10-30 people. But to create a civilization, you have to figure out how to hold more people together. Whether to choose the path of strength or cooperation is up to you.
- Belief in the supernatural influenced the way of life of many nations. And you have to decide what this faith will be. Will it be a popular belief in local totem spirits or a complex centralized religion with gigantic temples? And, of course, you can always try to declare yourself a god )))
But choosing is not easy. You will not have a "learn technology" or "take culture" button. Such a simplification can not be in the coolest simulator! In order to provide an interesting and unusual gameplay, we have developed a special mechanics. Any development of the tribe is carried out indirectly. Culture drift or the study of technology are processes that take place on their own while your people go about their business.Every person in your tribe is an active economic unit. People are born, live as children, grow and die for many different reasons. What these people will do during their life depends on the player’s choice. It is up to you to decide how people will get food and how much time to spend on it, how people will cook it and how much time to spend on rest.
If people hunt a lot, the traditions and ways of hunting will be stronger in the tribe. If people communicate a lot, they become all the more united.
The basis of the game economy is the distribution of the tribe's labor points for various vacancies. Being engaged in any work (or rest), your people spend resources. For survival, they need food (or they will starve), clothing, fuel for the fire. All this is mined and produced by your people, spending labor points. If the level of your civilization grows, then the consumption becomes a lot big. Keeping the balance between production and consumption is one of the tasks of the gameplay.
Action - result
To let you enjoy the aesthetics of the Stone Age, your tribe changes with the appointment of people to vacancies. If you send people to the forest to hunt - you will see how they hunt. Do people handle animal skins? Look at them on the map! Watching sliders and statistics keeps you boring?Let the screen show the result of your actions!v
One of the most important tasks is to increase the population limit, which is possible only with the development of society itself. At the very beginning you have only one family. And as soon as there are too many people in one place, they will simply disperse. Nothing unites them. Finding a way to unite them will be one of the most important tasks.
As the tribe grows, your people will need more territories. Send scouts to another land, join them to your tribe, and expand your influence.
Even in such an economic game there is a place for a good story. Therefore, "In the beginning" is not just a game about numbers and statictic. This is a storytelling game telling an interactive story from the Stone Age. Each turn the game gives you new events. And you have to make an important, and often ethically difficult decision that will determine the future life of your people.
Your main enemy is the Earth itself. The story of your people began with a natural disaster. And your task is to ensure that another catastrophe does not end it.
The planet is changing. The millennia change the landscape. Forests and steppes disappear and appear. Glaciers appear and recede.
4 GB RAM
DirectX compatible card
|Languages:||English / Russian|