It's September 1, 1986. You take on the role of 40-something Meredith Weiss, who returns to her beautiful hometown Providence Oaks in Oregon. She exchanges her busy career job to temporary fill in for her dad, a mail carrier.
Meredith has an eventful three weeks. She meets lots of new people, gets into romances, helps prevent the construction of apartments, gets reconnected with her bff, rats or bails out a colleague, and gets pushed by her boss back home to recommit to her career job.
The player has lots of impact on how this personal story develops. A myriad of dialogue options and actions enables each player to experience the game in a unique way. The ending of the game will be especially dramatic.
• Lake is a unique game experience: a fusion of traditional story-driven point & click adventure, free-roaming driving sim and modern narrative adventure.
• Players can be part of an interactive story that doesn't shy away from slice-of-life themes, and narrative options are never presented in a black-and-white way; one choice will not feel better than others.
• Players have the possibility to shape the main character's story through refined branching narratives.
• Each player will have their own unique playthrough thanks to intricately branching narratives.
• Lake will feature 3 different endings based on the player's choices.
• Lake is a game of second chances: the main intention is to provide a relaxing experience for exploring the world and its inhabitants. If a player chooses a certain dialogue option, they will always be able to correct any 'mistakes' they may fear they have made in their choices. Lake is not a game you need to play with a walk-through in hand.
• A beautiful environment players can drive through.
• Set in the pre-digital 1980's, Lake offers a break from today's ever-connected, never- alone society.
Windows 7 64 bit
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
1 GB available space
Windows 10 64 bit
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
1 GB available space
|Languages:||English / German / Simplified Chinese|