is a visual novel where the player is put in the role of Syd, a sixteen-year old boy as he navigates the social landscape that is a friendship group that doesn't realize it's on the verge of collapsing at the end of the school year.
Syd goes to Foster Hills High, a school in a quiet town in New South Wales (Eastern Australia). Navigate this unique setting for a visual novel by interacting and learning about the characters in Syd's life with
is a gameplay element that is heavily inspired by the
Syd can choose who among his friends he wishes to grow closer with by spending time with them during the afternoons after school. But be careful, your free time is limited, and there's only so much Syd can do before the end of semester.
LoveSick Darlings boasts a cast of diverse characters with three main heroines in particular for Syd to interact with. A supporting cast of friends, parents, and rivals add colour to Syd's life and the gameplay experience. The three heroines, Maisy, Jayda, and Steph all feature extensive story-lines ranging from happy to the most utterly tragic. Get to know them and form unique bonds with each of them as you play.
Decide the fate of Syd and all his friends as he makes some of the hardest decisions in his life. Choose whether to confess your feelings, accept or deny the feelings of others, sabotage or repair broken friendships, and get to know Syd's friends in a way that he never did before. Enjoy these last few weeks of the school year while they last!
- A grounded, realistic, emotional story about people growing up and trying to understand their own feelings
- Gorgeous original artwork. From sprites to CGs, you can see the art in this game is top-notch from the highly-skilled artists working on this project. These same artists will be doing the rest of the art too.
- Heavy romance elements
- Original soundtrack with 15+ songs
- 15+ CG artworks
- No set "routes." The game seamlessly flows between events and scenarios based off of your decisions in a natural way
- Multiple unique outfits for each heroine
- Week and day system where you choose how you spend your limited free time!
- Highly customized playthroughs featuring dozens of variables and several endings
- 15 hours of gameplay per run - with dozens more hours in alternate endings and scenarios!
- Comprehensive "Player Review" system that assesses your relationships at the end of each play-through! Tells you what each character thinks of you by the end, how to get other results, and maybe even hints at a few secrets!
Suggested age rating: 15+ (Not yet officially rated.)
Descriptions of and allusions to sexual content (nothing explicit)
- The game is still in production you encounter any bugs or issues in the demo at all, let me know ASAP. Contact me over Twitter (@LoveSickDarling) or via Steam, and I will make sure that it gets fixed :)
Windows 7 or later
1 GB RAM
1 GB available space