Green Man Gaming
Making History: The Second World War is the 4th title of a series of turn-based Grand Strategy games. It's unique open-ended design allows players to experience alternative outcomes in the World War II era. This was an industrial conflict between the Great Powers of the Machine Age. The battles will begin in the factories, mines and the research labs, and resolve in the fields, skies and seas across the globe. Players and the AI are faced with historical decisions that change the course of history making every play through a new immersive Grand Strategy experience.
The Second World War is still in development however it is mostly feature complete and playable.
Issues we are working on and what to expect from the current version:
- No Manual or Tutorial yet.
- Game pacing is not finished. Some wars end too quickly.
- Not all the events have been added to the game. Most Events after 1940 or incomplete.
- The North Africa and the Asian/Pacific theater needs attention.
- Some UI elements may still be stand- in art.
- Game balancing will be an ongoing process through this period.
- Saved games might be broken after updates, although we will try to avoid that.
- AI adjustments will be and on-going process through this period.
- Features additions or alterations are possible through this period.
- Encyclopedia & Nation Descriptions are incomplete.
- Option to show less unit model sets not completed.
- Achievements not implemented.
- More Music Tracks will be added.
Below is a list of some gameplay features to be available upon Release.
- Extensive Event content covering pivotal decisions and themes in WWII.
- Hundreds of additional alternative historical events (Release Version)
- Play any nation (Release Version)
- 280 Separate Nationalities (Release Version)
- Colonies, Protectorates and Puppet Governments
- Easy to use scenario Editor for Modding
- Game played across horizontal wrapping World Map
- AI focus on tactical Carrier Gameplay
- Nuclear Attack AI and Tactics
- Dedicated Strategic Bombing AI
- Aggressive AI Air Patrol Tactics
- Strafing Attack Orders
- Air Transport, Railroad, Shipping and Mobilized Unit movement
- Hundreds of Unit Models featuring the most iconic aircraft, tanks and ships
- Missile Launcher Units
- Nuclear Delivery Units
- Jet Era Units
- Paratrooper and Glider Attacks
- Kamikaze Units
- Full Range of Armored and Artillery Units
- Naval Surface and Submarine forces
- Nation Unique Infantry Unit Models
- Naval Supply Vessels to extend Fleet ranges
- Region City Infrastructure Projects
- Detailed Research Tree covering technologies from Pre-Industrial to Atomic Eras
- Sophisticated Economic System
- Build Factories and other city infrastructure
- Expand Resource Output and trade to Supply your Factories and Troops
- Auto-Trade System Option
Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Pentium 4 or better
2 GB RAM
256 MB DirectX 9.0c-Compliant, Shader 2.0 3D Video Card
2 GB available space
Windows-Compliant Keyboard & Mouse