About This Game
A free educational math RPG that caters to children. The game helps in practicing basic addition skills through drills while adventuring in the land of Mathoria. The game also aims to target educators and gamer parents alike, so that Mathoria can become a bonding tool between them and the children they care for.FEATURES:
- Original exterior tileset art by Jeremy Plana.
- Original music by Nhyne Junio.
- Drills, drills, drills wrapped in a light-hearted RPG package!
- Three difficulty levels to choose from. (Difficult mode requires extreme patience.)
- Simple dialogues that should make it easier for very young children to understand.
- Fight goons using basic addition skills.
- Learn new skills as you battle more difficult enemies.
- Help villagers with their daily math problems and be rewarded with useful items.
- Collect armor sets that bestow various advantages.
The game began as a capstone project from students at the De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde (B-Team). The team had noticed that many elementary school kids are afraid of math, and tried to figure out how we can ease up the situation in our own small way. Perhaps creating a math RPG could be a fun experiment, we thought. The game was tested by kids ages 10 and below, and just before graduating, the team decided to push for publication. We were joined by Asia Pacific College interns for the music and quality assurance.
Lead Designer: Steven Escarlan
Level Designer: Blue Vergara
Programmer: Francisco Bate
Exterior Tile Artist: Jeremy Plana
Composer: Nhyne Junio
Lead QA: Neil Alcuran
Producer/Programmer/Designer: Arvin D. Cabang
Executive Producer: Beatrice M.V. Lapa, PhD
Minimum:OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Storage: 50 MB available space