Green Man Gaming
The Flagship Turn-Based Strategy Game Returns
Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- INVITING PRESENTATION: Jump right in and play at your own pace with an intuitive interface that eases new players into the game. Civ veterans will appreciate the depth, detail and control that are highlights of the series.
- BELIEVABLE WORLD: Ultra realistic graphics showcase lush landscapes for you to explore, battle over and claim as your own. Art deco influences abound in the menus and icons in the most well-designed Civ ever developed.
- COMMUNITY & MULTIPLAYER: Compete with Civ players all over the world or locally in LAN matches, mod* the game in unprecedented ways, and install mods directly from an in-game community hub without ever leaving the game. Civilization V brings community to the forefront.
- WIDE SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Civilization V operates on many different systems, from high end DX11 desktops to many laptops. Enjoy unlimited installations on multiple PCs with your Steam account and take your Civ V experience with you everywhere you go.
- ALL NEW FEATURES: A new hex-based gameplay grid opens up exciting new combat and build strategies. City States become a new resource in your diplomatic battleground. An improved diplomacy system allows you to negotiate with fully interactive leaders. Custom music scores and orchestral recordings give Civ V the level of polish and quality you expect from the series.
- SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE: 2K Games is donating a total of $250,000 to four education based charities, and users' choices will determine how the money is dispersed: simply select your choice from the pre-selected charities during the install process.†
*Modding SDK available post launch as a free download.
† Charity selection available until Dec. 31, 2010. Not valid in all territories.
Note: The Mac and Linux + SteamOS versions of Sid Meier's Civilization V are available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish only.
PC System Requirements Minimum: OS: WindowsÂ® XP SP3/ WindowsÂ® Vista SP2/ WindowsÂ® 7 Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz Memory: 2GB RAM Graphics:256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics DirectXÂ®: DirectXÂ® version 9.0c Hard Drive: 8 GB Free Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card Note: Optimized for the touch-screen Ultrabookâ„¢ device Recommended: OS: WindowsÂ® Vista SP2/ WindowsÂ® 7 Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better DirectXÂ®: DirectXÂ® version 11 Hard Drive: 8 GB Free Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card Note: Optimized for the touch-screen Ultrabookâ„¢ device Mac System Requirements Minimum: OS: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion) Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core) CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz Memory: 2 GB Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free disk space Video Card: (ATI): Radeon HD 2600; NVidia GeForce 8600, Intel HD 4000 Video RAM: 256 MB Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 8600, 8800, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 640M, 650M, 660M, 675MX, 680MX; ATI Radeon HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6490, and HD 6750. Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Please note, it is possible for Mac and PC to become out of sync during updates. Within this short time period, Mac users will only be able to play other Mac users. NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive) NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets (GMA 950) are not supported Recommended: Processor: Intel Quad Core Memory: 4GB CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz Video RAM: 512MB
|Languages:||English / French / German / Italian / Spanish / Polish / Japanese / Korean / Russian / TraditionalChinese|