Simmetri is a fully featured creative playground with an interactive in-app learning system that teaches you how to build 3D and VR* experiences. Its powerful custom-built 3D engine was designed to let you learn, play and create.
• Model with numerous geometries, mesh modifiers. Fusing and mesh-editing options.
• Import 3D models (including Google Blocks, Tiltbrush and Quill, Paint 3D, Tinker CAD)
• Real-time physics with soft bodies and ropes. Control gravity, slow down or speed up time, or add constant forces to individual objects.
• Physics tools like impulse emitters, hinges and other constraints.
• Spatial audio system, in-world sounds and soundtracks.
• Large-scale terrain modeling
• Realistic sky and oceans, distant horizon spaces and skybox support
• Control looks with materials, lights, particle emitters and environmental effects like fog and haze.
• A full camera system w/ lens models and image filters. Quickly create multiple camera setups.
• Flexible, extendable UI.
• Timelines allow you to keytrack hundreds of object properties.
• Live-record object movements for replay.
• Package up animations with "Unit+Timeline": allows you to trigger them when you want, or clone them hundreds of times over.
• Signals: sine-waves signals, easing signals control properties
• Audio-reactive signals connect music to properties or actions you want.
• Script-tracks: allow timelines to control exactly when scripts fire and events happen.
• Tools to quickly make objects interactive, so you can interact with them in VR, for instance
• Simple LUA scripting for adding complex interactivity with drag-and-drop support for accessing objects in script quickly
• Pre-built interactive actors for quickly creating cars, helicopters, rolling objects and characters.
• Game/VR* controller, mouse and keyboard-driven player controls.
• Import your 3D objects: OBJ, DAE, FBX, and dozens of other supported file formats. (*Note: not all features of every file format are supported. The early release mainly supports static scene data import).
• Import and work instantly with your creations from Google Blocks and Tiltbrush
• 2D images / textures: (JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF)
• Sounds/soundtracks: (WAV, MP3, OGG)
• "Export as Application": packages your Simmetri show (aka: "universe") as a standalone folder containing your show as an executable file.
• Visualize line-in and microphones
• MIDI input support
• OSC input/output support
• Spout/NDI: Works with your favorite VJ or broadcast tool (input + output)
• Works for both VR* and non-VR (screen/projector) setups
• Set arbitrary video output formats / resolutions beyond 4K.
• DomeMaster format
• Red/blue 3D glasses output
• 360 video output (dev mode)
*VR support requires SteamVR