SLAYERS FOR HIRE
is an indie platform fighter with an emphasis on speed, precision, and creative characters.
This is a fighting game that rewards creativity more than any other. Whether you're goofing off with friends or pushing your skills to the limit, you can expect an adrenaline-filled experience every time you play. Play online (with rollback netcode!) or locally with 2-4 players.
Our goal with
is to make a game that feels like a step forward for the genre. A game that feels at once familiar, yet novel.
EARLY ACCESS LAUNCH FEATURES:
Two playable characters: Slugger & Artist (with a third hot on their heels)
- Whether you enjoy rushdown or a more methodical style of play, each character is designed to give players the tools to approach fights any way you like. May creativity be your only limiter!
Unique gameplay mechanics
- We focused on creating gameplay mechanics that either open up new tools for players to explore (
) or solve longstanding issues in platform fighters (
Online play with rollback netcode
- No longer do you need a perfect internet connection to have a smooth online experience!
Controller & keyboard support
- Currently you can play on Xbox, PlayStation 4, and GameCube controllers. You can also reconfigure and save your controls if you don't like our defaults. If you prefer tap jump on, that's your call. No hard feelings.
Low computer requirements
- Runs on toasters! Well,
Matchmaking & leaderboards
- Find out where you rank in the world wide web. Or if you're really competitive then aim for the top! Can you beat the devs?
Active, responsive developers
- Come join our Discord and chat with us!
- Our third playable character! Planned for release with Early Access, she combines the grace of a gymnast with the firepower of a small nation.
- Does a local/online coop metroidvania mode sound as good to you as it does to us? Sure hope so, because this is at the top of our list for a reason!
- Other than the six we've already revealed, we've already got concept art for 10 more characters and ideas for many more! Basically, we want to pump out content for this game as long as we're able to!
- We've got a long list of items we want to put into the game, sourced both internally and from community members. We have one implemented already, which lets you have !! ???????? ????????? !!
Awesome training mode & tutorial
- We have a bare bones training arena right now, but the plan is to develop a comprehensive in-game tutorial and training tools.
Spectator mode & replays
- Great for learning and relaxing.
- Robots are going to put tournament organizers out of business one day.
Sponsored seasonal leagues & compendiums
- Compendiums are the future! Everybody wins when they're set up well.
- There are so many offshoot game modes we want to try, both big and small. For some this is a nice distraction, for others I bet this becomes the main thing they like about the game.
- We're big fans of games with strong mod support, so obviously we want to set up mod support for our game as well.
- We'd also love to make a system for rating them in-game and rewarding players who make fantastic stages.
- Always fun to see characters reimagined, and also fun to be able to express yourself in-game.
...and much more!
As you can see, there are a ton of features we want to add. Simply put:
We want to support this game with content for as long as we can possibly sustain.
The community that has supported us so far has been amazing, and we can't wait to continue giving back for years to come. Thank you everyone!!
Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 8 / 10
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 5850
2 GB available space
Minimum requirements haven't been thoroughly tested yet!
Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 8 / 10
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X or better
Broadband Internet connection
4 GB available space
Recommended requirements haven't been thoroughly tested yet!