About This Game
The Edgelands is an atmospheric adventure set in the present day, based on real and imagined folklore.
You begin the game in a house in the forgotten rural backwoods beyond the City, and soon find yourself off on the trail of your wayward cat, exploring an uncanny rustic twilight landscape. Familiar rural landmarks overlap with otherworldly occurrences, creating a dream-like blurring of the ordinary and the supernatural.
An evocative electronic soundscape responds and adapts to your actions as you interact with the environment and it’s inhabitants, and the choices you make on your journey shape the manner in which the narrative unfolds.
The Edgelands is a proud recipient of funding from Fundbetter, the initiative set up by Failbetter Games, developers of Sunless Sea and Fallen London
– Journey through eerie locations at the edge of civilisation, from foggy marshes to forgotten pubs.
– Solve puzzles through text based dialogue choices and interactions, many with multiple solutions.
– Converse with a variety of obscure denizens of The Edgelands.
– Uncover a narrative that weaves folklore and the modern world together in a compelling magical realist tale.
– Enjoy an immersive dynamic soundtrack which is shaped by your actions and enhances the mood of uncanny beauty & mystery.
Coming to PC Early 2017
Minimum:OS: Windows XP or later
Processor: 1.7 Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Directx 9.0c compatible video card
Storage: 500 MB available space