About This Content
The Union Pacific Railroad (reporting mark UP), headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, is the largest railroad network in the United States. James R. Young is president, CEO and Chairman. UP's route map covers most of the central and western United States west of Chicago and New Orleans. As of 2005, UP operates on 32,426 miles (52,185 km) of track, of which it owns outright 26,949 miles (43,370 km), both numbersrepresenting the highest amount of any railroad currently operating in the United States. It has achieved this size thanks to purchasing a large number of other railroads, notably the Missouri Pacific, Chicago and North Western, Western Pacific, Missouri-Kansas-Texas, and the Rio Grande (including the Southern Pacific). Currently, Union Pacific owns 26% of Ferromex while Grupo Mexico owns the remaining 74%.The GE C40-8 is a 6-axle diesel-electric locomotive built by GE Transportation Systems between 1987 and 1992. It is part of the GE Dash 8 Series of freight locomotives, and its wheel arrangement is of a C-C type. his locomotive model is often referred to as a Dash 8-40S or simply "Dash 8". "Dash 8" in general refers to the electrical control series, "Dash" being a carryover from the older syntax of C40-8. The "40" refers to the baseline horsepower rating (4,000 hp or 3,000 kW) of the unit, although some units may be re-rated to 4,100 hp (3,100 kW). Features Include: Auto-Running Numbers. Ditch Lights. Night Lighting. Fan Animation. Custom Cab Interior.
Minimum:OS: Windows 7 64bitProcessor: Intel 'i' series/AMD K10 series introduced 2009 onwards. 2 physical cores, 2Ghz 64 bitMemory: 4 GB RAMGraphics: NVIDIA GT 430 or better/ AMD ATI 5550 or betterStorage: 100 MB available space
|Languages:||English / French / German / Polish|