Don't you hate it when something is all quiet and then
People talking followed by
A quiet song followed by
AN OBNOXIOUS AD
A bit of gameplay video on Youtube greeted by an
that pierces through your drums like an arrow through your knee?
Well! The purpose of Volmatic is to dynamically control your audio volume in order to limit it to a limit that you decide! No more screamers! No more neighbors calling the cops, wife or kids waking up or your ears simply destroyed by that modern plague that is the absence of noise limitation!
Volmatic uses the peak value of your default sound device in order to calculate a desired volume and makes the audio output as smooth as possible while keeping it below your limit.
There is currently no standard way to do that and everybody gets annoyed by over-shifting sound intensities, whatever they do.
Volmatic works for games (as it is it's initial purpose) but it also does work very well for anything, really.
Would it be movies, music, internet browsing... Whatever can blast can be used with Volmatic!
It also supports headphone users by offering an optional proportional correction relative to a maximum volume defined by the user.
There are also additional features, such as :
- Low resource consumption. Volmatic uses less than 1% of your CPU.
- A system tray icon with it's own menu for a quick access
- A theme editor that allows up to 46 combinations
- A "slow correction" mode allowing to modify the volume based on the last few seconds instead of instantly. Allowing for a smoother correction. Great for music or long movies!
- The speed of the slow correction can be adjusted
- A correction boost to adjust how you feel Volmatic should behave once your limit has been reached. At the minimum you will get a smooth output. At the maximum it will mute the loudest sounds!
- Headphones support by providing a maximum volume limit. If you feel that a 50% volume sounds like 100% to your hears with some headphones, you can decide that it will never go above 50% (or another value of your choosing). The correction will then be applied in proportion to the chosen setting, thus making Volmatic as effective for nonadjustable devices as it is for any other.
- Keyboard media key capture for volume up and volume down
- A visual indicator 'à la Windows' that appears when using these keys
- A start with Windows option
- A start minimized option
- It's really cool
Windows 7 / Windows 10
A salty potato will do nicely
40 MB available space
one that can make poum poum noises